Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I am Blessed.

Tonight feels like a good night to write. About what, you may ask? Well, I guess we'll both find out together.

My heart is rather heavy. I suppose that there are many contributing factors tonight. I keep hearing story after story of people who have lost everything. From the fires raging in Northern Alberta to the earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Japan; from the earthquake in Haiti last year to the children sold into slavery by their families; from a life ravaged by terminal illness to the person who was hurt so badly that they shut everyone out.

I can't help but think...that could so easily be me. I could be that person who shut everyone out. I could be the one who is completely and utterly alone in the world, but by the grace of God, I am not.

Tonight I count myself blessed to lead the life I do - but how often do I take my blessings for granted? I am alive. I have a family who loves me. I have food to eat. I can go to church and worship God freely. I have people who care about my well-being.

All too often though, I get so caught up in wanting more that I neglect to look around and see what I already have. The constant wanting for more is so exhausting. It takes up so much of my time and energy that I don't stop to look around.

It's on nights like these, when God stops me in my tracks and makes me look around, that I realize just how blessed I am.

I don't want to take advantage of this blessing. I don't want to take advantage of my freedom.

What I do want to do, though, is bring my blessing to other people. I want to share the blessings that God has so graciously poured out on my life with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Do Not Despise Humble Beginnings - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.